Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan. Pat the eggplant dry and then either pan fry, deep fry or grill. Make a big batch of eggplant Parmesan in your slow cooker and dinner will be waiting when you get home. I just cut my eggplant into slices, sprayed the crockpot with PAM (which I did after every layer of eggplant to make the breadcrumbs stick without using fat) and started layering.
You'll love the cheese, gluten-free breading, and authentic Italian flavor! Eggplant parmesan fans, you are going to think you've gone to heaven when you try this dish. Or, if you're someone that hasn't tried cooking with eggplant yet. You can have Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 of whole fresh, Baked Eggplant (1 Whole – Medium).
- Prepare 2 of medium, Organic Zucchini, Fresh.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp, Tomato Paste – Canned.
- You need 24 of oz., Crushed organic tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of tsp, Organic Vegetable Base.
- It’s 1 of tbsp, Organic Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of tsp, Crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 8 of oz., Fresh Mozzarella.
- It’s 8 of oz., Ricotta Cheese.
- It’s 8 of oz, Pecorino Romano.
- It’s 8 of oz, Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of filtered water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional).
- You need 2 dashes of ground nutmeg.
Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Rachel Benight MS, RD, CPT. An easy recipe for keto eggplant Parmesan made with almond flour. This flavorful dish is baked in your oven. This is the first year I have tried to grow eggplant.
Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan instructions
- Add olive oil and onion to bottom of crock pot and simmer on low until onion is translucent approximately 10 minutes..
- Add crushed garlic and simmer for another minute.
- Add sliced eggplant and zucchini, stir and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer on medium for 6 hours.
- Add a large serving spoon to a heat resistant bowl, sprinkle some parmesan and grated mozzarella cheese on top and broil for about 5 minutes..
I wasn't entirely convinced it would work, but when. Eggplant parmesan doesn't have to be breaded and fried! It is just as delicious and far more healthy prepared Keto style with no frying and no flour. Eggplant is one of the few vegetables that grows really well during the summer in hot, humid Florida. As a result, dishes made from Indian, Chinese.