Caramelized Brussels Sprouts. Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket over boiling water. Wow- earthy brussels sprouts cooked in a sugar-vinegar mixture- becomes heavenly! Taken from Better Homes & Gardens magazine, and upgraded!
Brussels Sprouts are pan seareed to caramelize with cumin seeds, then mixed with a tomato onion sauce. Brussels sprouts caramelize in bacon fat and tossed with crispy bacon, sautéed onions, garlic and tangy balsamic glaze. There's actually a great story behind this sprout recipe. You can have Caramelized Brussels Sprouts using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- You need 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, washed, drained and patted dry, trimmed and halved lengthwise.
- You need 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil (or better yet a few tbsp. of bacon drippings!).
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp. of honey.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Prepare these Caramelized Brussels Sprouts for a 'veg-tastic' side dish. Add a cheesy bacon bread crumb coating and some olive oil for excellent flavor. Be the first to rate & review! Caramelized Brussels Sprouts is a recipe I can't get enough of-the combination of bacon and soy sauce caramelizes the Brussels sprouts and makes these mouth watering delicious!
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts step by step
- Melt butter and olive oil or just the bacon drippings if going that route..
- Add brussels sprouts, toss to mix, add a sprinkle ofkosher salt. Cook and stir until brown and tender crisp..
- Stir mustard and honey until well combined, add to brussels in skillet and stir another minute or two until well caramelized..
- Season with salt and pepper.
Add the brussels sprouts, cut side down, and the pancetta. This holiday season, your family will be eager to eat their Brussels sprouts, thanks to this delicious recipe. Trim any damaged leaves off the Brussels sprouts. Toss the Brussels sprouts with the onions. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and vinegar, and serve.