Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream. Make this simple fennel-scented sausage to toss into pasta or onto pizza Par-cook large crumbles to fold into Thanksgiving stuffing or a pot of soup Or fry up patties and serve alongside crusty bread and a bowl of tender white Italian Fennel Sausage. Peel and finely mince the garlic and shallots. Remove sausage meat from casing and chop roughly or crumble.
Italian sausages go insanely well in both white and red sauces as they feature a flavour combo of pork and fennel. Of course you can also use regular sausages, but I'd recommend. Creamy Italian Sausage SpaghettiOur Table for Seven. cream cheese, italian sausage, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce Spicy Italian Sausage Pasta in a Creamy Tomato SauceSalt and Lavender. You can have Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream
- It’s 5 of Italian sausages, casings removed and cut into 1/4 in rounds.
- Prepare 16 oz of dry pasta (ideally penne, but I only had linguine).
- Prepare 1 of bulb fennel, chopped (reserve the fronds for garnish).
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Italian Sausage Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipes. The pasta may have absorbed some of the liquid leaving it dried out. Feel free to add a bit more cream before heating. Pasta with Sausage and Cream is a hearty, substantial dish that is quick and easy enough to make on weekday night.
Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream instructions
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add the Italian sausages to the pan (no oil needed, they'll release oil as they cook). Fry until the sausages start to brown. If your pot of water is boiling by this point, drop in the pasta..
- Add the fennel to the pan of sausages and fry for 2 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and fry another 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and a couple of splashes of pasta cooking water and turn the heat down to low..
- Stir the butter into the sauce until it melts, then add the cream. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste..
- When the pasta is a minute from done, drag it into the pan of sauce. Toss everything together. Add pasta cooking water as needed to loosen the noodles. Serve with a garnish of the fennel fronds and freshly grated parmesan..
If I had to pick a region that this sauce is typical of I would say Emilia-Romagna, specifically Bologna. I don't know if they would serve it on penne there, but I think it works quite well. Pour in the wine, bring to a boil, and add the heavy cream, half-and-half, and tomato paste. Pasta Recipes Sausage Recipes Main Dish. Add the garlic, fennel and onion to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.