Veggie Lasagna. Looking for an easy and healthy vegetarian lasagna recipe? Check out some favorite vegetarian and vegan lasagnas. Chatelaine and Lauren Toyota have teamed up to put a vegan spin on the comfort foods you know and love.
Veggie Lasagna Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I took a look @ the other Veggie Lasagna recipes & decided to add a red & orange bell pepper & fresh mushrooms to ours. We have the perfect recipe for Meat Free Monday! You can have Veggie Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie Lasagna
- It’s of For the Red Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 6 of garlic pods.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 1 of bellpepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 3-4 of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 500 g of pasta sauce.
- You need of Dried oregano.
- Prepare of Chili flakes.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Sugar (optional).
- Prepare of For the Bechamel Sauce.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Assembly.
- You need 1 box of lasagna sheets.
- It’s 2 cups of Shredded cheese.
It is truly the best Veggie Lasagna Recipe ever. If you are trying to get more veggies in or maybe you don't care. This veggie lasaga is packed with veggies. I started with a tofu mixture from How It All Vegan, and then went from there.
Veggie Lasagna instructions
- Start with making the white sauce so that there’s enough time for it to cool down. Melt butter in a pan, add the flour in and stir well to incorporate all the butter into the flour. On medium high heat roast the flour a little until cooked..
- Take the pan off the heat and add milk while continuously whisking the mixture to avoid lumps. Put it back on the heat so that milk boils and the sauce thickens. Add more milk to adjust the consistency and season with salt and pepper. Once ready, set aside to cool..
- For the red sauce, dice all the veggies. Sauté garlic on olive oil, add in the veggies and sauté well. Leave the veggies a little crunchy. Add dried herbs, fresh basil, salt and pepper..
- Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 15 mins with lid on. If still tangy, add a little sugar and fry on medium high heat. If the sauce looks dry add a little water to adjust the consistency, although it should not be very watery..
- Assembly! Grease a baking pan with olive oil. Add a layer of red sauce followed by white sauce and line with lasagna sheets. Then repeat until the pan is filled. Finally, at the top layer put the remaining white sauce and finish with lots of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese..
- Make sure the cheese sticks to the corner of the pan for a crust to be formed. Top with dried herbs, pepper and fresh basil leaves or black olives or the garnish of your choice..
- To bake: preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius, cover the assembled lasagna with aluminium foil and bake for 25 mins. Then remove the foil and broil for another 10 mins until the cheese is brown and crusty. Bon apetite!.
Vegetarian lasagna is a hearty, satisfying Italian classic! You can make vegetarian lasagna similar to how you make meat lasagna, except you leave out the meat and include lots of veggies in the sauce. It had no flavor even with the adjustments recommended by others who The lasagna noodles were cooked very well as were all the veggies. This very veggie lasagna recipe is filled with tons of fresh veggies and layers of cheesy ricotta Don't freak out and run away when I say this lasagna doesn't have any meat. This vegetarian lasagna adds new substance to the omnipresent zucchini and eggplant, transforming them into a dinner hearty enough to satisfy a crowd, yet fresh enough to eat with summer watermelon.