Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek.
You can cook Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek
- It’s 500 gr of potato gnocchi (thawed, if frozen) (1lb).
- You need 500 gr of asparagus (1lb).
- It’s 1 of large leek, only use the white part.
- You need 1 of shallot.
- You need 1 cup of frozen vegetables (we used peas, but you can use spinach, broccoli, etc.), optional.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of softened butter, unsalted.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek step by step
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). In a large bowl, toss the gnocchi with half the oil until coated. Spread out evenly on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half the butter..
- Wash the asparagus and trim the woody part at the bottom, cut into thirds..
- Cut the white part of the leek lengthwise and then slice into thin half moons..
- Peel the shallot and slice thinly..
- Add asparagus, leek, shallot, and the frozen vegetables (if using) to the same bowl and toss with the remaining half of the oil, until coated. Then spread evenly on a different baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper and the rest of the butter..
- Place both trays in the oven (if placing on different levels, put the gnocchi on the lower, the greens on the higher level) and bake for 20 minutes..
- Five minutes into the baking, gently stir the gnocchi to distribute the butter. Do the same with the vegetables. This should be repeated every five minutes for the vegetables ONLY..
- Once the 20 minutes are over, take both trays out of the oven, add the gnocchi to the vegetables, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and toss to mix..
- Serve with additional parmesan, if desired, and enjoy!.