Chicken thighs with chickpeas. The chickpeas provide enough starch for the chicken, so there's no need for rice or potatoes. The dish does need a splash of green, which is ably accomplished Place the chicken thighs in the bowl and toss to coat completely with the spices. You can do this several hours ahead, or right before cooking.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper the brown well on both sides; transfer to a plate. Stir in broth, honey, lemon zest and flour; stir to. Poultry, Chicken, Chickpea, Fennel Seed, Lemon, Yogurt, Dinner, Lunch, Weekday, Main Course. You can cook Chicken thighs with chickpeas using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken thighs with chickpeas
- Prepare 1 pound of bone-in skin-on chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas drained.
- It’s 0.5 of onions sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Griddled chicken thighs with chickpeas, piquillo peppers and lemony dressing. Don't automatically turn to chicken breasts over other parts of the bird. Chicken thighs are fantastically tasty too, and because they are richer and more robust, they can stand up to punchy flavours better.
Chicken thighs with chickpeas instructions
- Onions + red wine vinegar + lemon juice. Let it rest..
- Chicken + 1 tablespoon salt + pepper..
- Heat oil in an oven safe skillet and add the chicken skin side down. Fry on medium flame for 10 mins. We are looking for crispy golden brown skin. Flip and let the other side fry for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan..
- Fry the onions in the same skillet and add the remaining salt. After 2 minutes add the chickpeas. Fry for 5 minutes..
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Layer everything in 1 layer. Bake in the oven at 425F for 15 minutes..
Looking for an easy chicken dinner ideas? This Crispy Chicken Thighs with Smoky Chickpeas skillet recipe from CountryLiving.com is the best. Crispy Chicken Thighs with Smoky Chickpeas. Remember the crispy skin of a chicken thigh? Serve it with chickpeas and some cherry tomatoes.