Breakfast quesadillas. Upgrade your breakfast game with this easy recipe for loaded breakfast quesadillas from Delish.com. Divide scrambled eggs between two tortillas. Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
These quesadillas are filled with eggs and bacon and served with a cilantro sour cream-perfect for anytime of the day! This is definitely a recipe that I should have been making my whole entire life, but sometimes the simplest things are right in front of you and it just. These Easy Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with fluffy, scrambled eggs, green peppers, bacon and cheddar cheeses, all enveloped between two crispy tortilla shells. You can have Breakfast quesadillas using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Breakfast quesadillas
- You need 1 of small boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of small ripe, seeded, chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of chopped spinach.
- You need 1 of small avocadoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded white cheddar.
- Prepare 1 of sea salt.
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of 10 in wheat tortillas.
- It’s 1/4 cup of greek yogurt (or substitute in sour cream).
- You need 1/4 cup of pico de gallo.
I had originally tried making this Breakfast Quesadilla with scrambled eggs, but when it came time to eat it, huge chunks of eggs kept falling out of the tortillas all over the floor. This recipe for breakfast quesadillas combines cheese, egg and tortillas to make a delicious, family friendly breakfast. Quesadillas are simply savory-filled flour tortillas, either folded in half or stacked. Serve on a plate with sour cream and pico de gallo or salsa (or grab them and head out the door!).
Breakfast quesadillas instructions
- Preheat broiler, lightly oil a pan.
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and lightly pound till thickness is 1/2 in. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken in the pan and broil, turning once, till lightly browned on both sides: approx. 5 min. each.
- Cut the chicken 1/2 in. diced..
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper..
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. Add eggs and scramble till they start to set: approx 20 sec.
- Add chicken, spinach, and tomato and continue cooking, stirring till eggs are just cooked: approx 1 min.
- Warm another pan over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and heat for 1 minute. Flip and sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese on the bottom half.
- Top with egg/ chicken mix and fold tortillas to cover..
- Continue cooking till the bottom browns then flip for the other side: approx 1 min per side.
- Transfer onto a baking sheet and place it in the oven to warm. Then cut it into wedges and top it off with the yogurt, pico de gallo, and avocado slices. Serve imediately.
A breakfast quesadilla recipe is the perfect snack with eggs to spice up your morning. Find our quick and easy quesadillas recipes at the Incredible Egg. Much like a breakfast burrito, the basis for Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with egg, cheese and your favorite meat. These protein packed Breakfast Quesadillas will keep your kids full for longer. While quesadillas are great hand-held foods, you do have to watch for dripping As for what to put in breakfast quesadillas, cheese is a given, and while you can use scrambled eggs, I like to use.