Diabetic Carrot Muffins.
You can have Diabetic Carrot Muffins using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Diabetic Carrot Muffins
- You need of muffins diabetic.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fine cornmeal.
- You need 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of warm honey.
- It’s 1 cup of grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots, packed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried cranberries.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped ginger root.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (black walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts).
- You need 1 tbsp of orange zest or lemon zest.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of each of allspice and sugar mixed together (topping).
Diabetic Carrot Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit..
- Line muffin tins with muffin papers and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and buttermilk..
- Carefully add the remaining ingredients except for the allspice-sugar topping..
- Stir until just combined; do not overwork the batter..
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops lightly with the allspice-sugar mixture..
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the tops are golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely..