Diabetes-friendly Chili con Carne.
You can have Diabetes-friendly Chili con Carne using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Diabetes-friendly Chili con Carne
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 cup of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 3 cup of Cabbage, finely shredded.
- It’s 2 cup of Celery, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sweet green pepper, chopped (optional).
- You need 1 can of Tomato sauce, (7.5oz / 213mL).
- It’s 1 can of Diced tomatoes, undrained (28oz / 796mL).
- You need 1 can of Kidney beans, drained & rinsed (19oz / 540mL).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried oregano.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Hot pepper sauce (optional).
Diabetes-friendly Chili con Carne step by step
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and discard fat..
- Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 mins..
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 mins or until vegetables are tender..