Turkey Romaine lettuce wrap tacos. Healthy eating is very doable with recipes like this one! My husband and I couldn't get over how good these were and even If you like your food a little spicier try adding hot sauce, more chili powder or red pepper flakes. If you can't find Romaine lettuce then iceberg lettuce.
You can also double up on the leaves. Doubling up on romaine leaves insures a mess-free lunch, sans the carbs. If you're looking for more lettuce cups we love these easy Thai chicken lettuce cups! You can cook Turkey Romaine lettuce wrap tacos using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Romaine lettuce wrap tacos
- It’s of filling.
- You need 1 packages of Ground Turkey taco meat.
- It’s of toppings.
- It’s 1 pinch of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced purple onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 large of diced Avacado.
- You need 1 of diced jalapeño.
- It’s 1 small of diced tomatoe.
- Prepare of "shell".
- Prepare 1 head of Romaine lettuce.
These healthy turkey taco lettuce wraps make an easy, low carb dinner that the whole family will love! Perfect for your next Taco Tuesday! Taco salads are an alternative way to use up leftovers. Chop up the romaine and top it with your leftover toppings and reheated turkey/black beans.
Turkey Romaine lettuce wrap tacos instructions
- Brown turkey meat in pan on medium to medium high heat. Stirring frequently to ensure even cooking. Then drain excess oil and fat off, if not preseasoned add taco seasoning now. Take off heat and allow to cool slighlty..
- While meat is cooking chop or dice up topping ingredients (omit the cheese). Toss all of the diced ingredients together in a bowl add a pinch of salt to taste..
- Peel romaine leafs off the lettuce head. Rinse, pat dry, and lay on plate, cutting board, or any flat clean surface with the rounded side down, so they can be filled with turkey taco meat..
- Pile on the toppings, sprinkle with cheese and desired hot sauce. You have a nice crunch from the lettuce and toppings with a fraction of the carbs!.
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps = New Favorite Mexican Food! Something shifted in me these last few years and now I cannot seem to get enough Mexican My personal preference when serving these turkey taco lettuce wraps is to serve the meat mixture immediately when it comes out of the skillet. These Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps burst with savory tastes and textures. With super simple instructions and minimal prep time, these shells can be made in a matter of minutes. Give taco night a healthified makeover with these Lettuce Wrapped Turkey Tacos!