Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens).
You can have Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens)
- It’s 1 can of garbanzo beans (15 oz).
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste (or 2 big tomatoes diced).
- It’s 1 small of onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need of spice blends order at www.waverleykitchens.com.
- You need 1/2 tsp of WK SEED BLEND.
- Prepare 2 tsp of WK BEAN BLEND.
- It’s of pantry items.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil (your choice of oil).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (to your taste).
- You need 3 quart of sauce pot with cover.
Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens) instructions
- Strain and wash 1 can garbanzo beans; grind or dice 1 small onion and 1 garlic clove; set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pot and 1/2 tsp 'WK Seed Blend'.
- Heat oil at medium heat until there is small movement in spices (usually 2 mins).
- Immediately add onion and garlic (if used) to pot, and 1 tbsp tomato paste; stir until golden brown (usually 3 min).
- Add 2 tsp of 'WK Bean Blend', 1/2 tsp salt (to your taste), garbanzo beans to pot and 2 cups water.
- Set to medium low heat, cover pot and cook for 20 mins; stir occasionally and mash some garbanzo beans.
- Optional: garnish with 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro.
- For a full meal add: – Rice, naan, bread or heated whole wheat tortilla – Salad – Any sabji – Yogurt Variations: – To make hot add chopped jalapeño pepper or red chilli powder – Canned beans can be substituted by soaking beans overnight – Side item: chopped onion with salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.