Sheree's Delicious Fruit Turnovers (baked and fried).
You can cook Sheree's Delicious Fruit Turnovers (baked and fried) using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sheree's Delicious Fruit Turnovers (baked and fried)
- You need 5 medium of pears OR (3 large GRANNY SMITH apples).
- You need 1 of ***** or 1 large can fruit drained, reserve 1/2 cup of liquid.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstartch (for thickening).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of real vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg…. or allspice…. apple pie seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of salted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar (i use lower sugar content from WALMART).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of baking sweetner….. Splenda…. Stevia…etc…CAN USE REGULAR SUGAR… my dads diabetic but he LOVES fruit pies!!!!.
- Prepare 6 of egg roll wrappers….. may take as many as 8.
- Prepare 1 of **** cooking spray.
Sheree's Delicious Fruit Turnovers (baked and fried) instructions
- if using canned fruit drain all but 1/2 cup liquid… put in saucepan.
- OR IF USING FRESH FRUIT….. peel and core fruit…..cut up fruit into medium size pieces. put in bowl and stir in lemon juice until covered… this will keep fruit from turning brown….
- mix cornstarch and COLD reserved liquid or 1/2 cup water….
- add sugar, butter, spices, and vanilla…. allow it to get warm and a low boil. add cornstarch mixture to hot liquid to thicken…
- turn down to simmer and cook until it becomes gooey…..
- allow to cool and it will thicken…
- lay out egg roll wrappers .. have a bowl of water handy…. wet finger around edge and put 1/4 – 1/3 cup of fillingin the center…. fold egg roll in half and press edges together…. use fork tongs to press the edges together…..
- on a SILVER cookie sheet lay parchment paper on cookie sheet….
- pre-heat oven at 350°….. spray each turnover with non-stick veggie spray (2 squirts)…. bake turnovers in oven for 12-15 minutes… until golden..
- can be sprinkled with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.. or powdered sugar….
- **** TURNOVERS CAN BE FROZEN…… I spray a cookie sheet with not stick spray… I make the turnovers and put on cookie sheet in a single layer until frozen. put in a Ziploc bag once frozen..
- TURNOVER CAN ALSO BE DEEP FRIED….. if frozen they can be thawed and cooked in any method u wish!!!.
- *** I also have a recipe for PECAN PIE TURNOVERS on my profile….