Open faced tuna melt. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top with a tomato slice. To take a tuna melt from good to great, it has to have all the right components.
Cooked under the broiler, mayonnaise souffles like magic and takes on a lighter texture with a crisp brown shell. There's no better way to top a tuna melt! Evenly divide tuna between bread; season with salt and pepper. You can have Open faced tuna melt using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Open faced tuna melt
- Prepare 2 can of (5 oz) chicken of the sea tuna.
- You need 1 medium of shallot,minced(approx.2 tbsp).
- You need 2 tbsp of plain non-fat greek yogurt.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced parsley.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 4 slice of 100% whole-wheat bread, toasted.
- It’s 2 of fresh tomatoes, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Top with a few slices of dill pickle and a slice or two of provolone. Slather it on bread, top with fresh tomato slices and cheddar cheese and broil it in the oven. Diner comfort food just got a makeover! This classic tuna melt has the perfect amount of crunch, melty cheddar cheese, and veggies.
Open faced tuna melt step by step
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine tuna,shallot,Greek yogurt,lemon juice,parsley, and salt in a medium bowl. If desired you can add some black pepper or hot sauce for additional flavor..
- Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with cheese and tomato..
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3-5 min.
Melts are one of my favorite types of lunch sandwiches. If you love a hot sandwich, you should also try these Open-Faced Turkey Melts and Egg and Tomato Breakfast Melts. If you want a cold sandwich, definitely check out my Open Faced Tuna Sandwich with. Open-faced Tuna Melt (no mayo) These quick and easy Open-faced Tuna Melts are made with cream cheese, no mayo, a little kick from the jalapenos and are the perfect last minute dinner or lunch. You can make them ahead and reheat, so they're also perfect for the lunch bag!