chicken fajita wraps. Chicken, broccoli, peppers, onions and mushrooms wrap up a bundle of great flavor in these spicy "fajita-wiches". Serve with salsa and sour cream. Place the tortillas flat on a clean surface.
Loaded with tender chicken and so flavorful. Place onion and green peppers in foil; drizzle oil over top. Place on grill away from direct heat. You can cook chicken fajita wraps using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of chicken fajita wraps
- It’s 3 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1 small of red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb of skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 6 large of red leaf lettuce leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of finely chopped cilantro leaves.
- It’s 4 oz of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
Place chicken breast directly on grill grate. Chicken Fajitas are one of my favorite things to eat in the whole world and I usually made them over a hot stove in a skillet but when I saw this delicious chicken fajita recipe made in a skillet minus the hard work because the interior ingredients are cooked in the oven first then transferred to the skillet after they are done, I was so excited because I love anything made in my cast iron. A fajita, for instance, is not just your typical wrap. It is bursting with a medley of flavors, textures, and colors.
chicken fajita wraps instructions
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion. peppers, and garlic and cook, stirring, until slightly softened. Add the chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook, stirring until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of chicken mixture on the inside of a lettuce leaf, top with a tablespoon of cheese and a dollop of sour cream, and roll up like a burrito..
- Close with toothpicks. Repeat to make 6 wraps total.
- Serve with salsa picante and guacamole, if desired.
One serving of fajitas gives you a decadent combo of grilled chicken, peppers, caramelized onions, veggies, and spices all wrapped in a warm, toasty tortilla. Meanwhile, mix everything together for your dip and set aside. To add some spice to the chicken here, I'll often just go for a pre-packed fajita spice mix. Just look for a powder rather than a fajita sauce as the sauces are packed with added sugar usually. If I don't have a spice mix then some combination of cumin, paprika (smoked ideally) and chili powder usually does the job.