Winter warming Rice Pudding.
You can have Winter warming Rice Pudding using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Winter warming Rice Pudding
- You need 3/4 cup of pearl or pudding rice.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar or granulated sweetener if diabetic.
- You need 1 pints of milk.
- Prepare 1 knob of butter.
- Prepare of Freshly grated nutmeg.
Winter warming Rice Pudding step by step
- Place rice and sugar in a pan with ¼ of the milk.
- Slowly bring to the boil stir to ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- When the milk starts looking creamy add another ¼ pint of milk and do same. Turn heat up to bring to the boil, then down to simmer until thickening then add more milk.
- When all of the milk has been added and the pudding is simmering, add the butter and grate in the nutmeg – about a ¼ tsp.
- Now you must turn down heat very low and let it simmer slowly for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, place and lid on the pan and leave for over an hour..
- Now the rice should have absorbed all of the milk and be thick and luscious serve plain, or with jam or preserves. It's also great with stewed fruit.
- If you want to eat immediately after cooking, extend the cooking time by another 15 minutes.