BAGELS. A bagel (Yiddish: בײגל beygl; Polish: bajgiel), also historically spelled beigel, is a bread product originating in the Jewish communities of Poland. Перевод слова bagel, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция, примеры использования. The bagel is a dense ring of bread, often rather bland, raised with yeast and containing almost no fat. A bagel (Yiddish בײגל) beygl) sometimes beigel, is a bread product traditionally made of yeasted wheat dough in the form of a roughly hand-sized ring which is first boiled in water and then baked.
Borrowed from Yiddish בייגל (beygl), ultimately from a diminutive of Middle High German bouc, boug- ("ring, bracelet"), from Old High German boug ("ring"), from Proto-Germanic *baugaz ("ring"); compare obsolete English bee ("ring, metal ring, bracelet"), Middle English bege, beh, Old English bēag, bēah. Our authentic New York-style bagels are baked in small batches all day long to ensure freshness. Bagels synonyms, Bagels pronunciation, Bagels translation, English dictionary definition of Bagels. n. You can have BAGELS using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BAGELS
- Prepare 7 grams of Dried Yeast.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 450 grams of Bread Flour.
- You need 1 of Poppy, Fennel and/or Sesame Seeds to sprinkle on top (optional).
A glazed, ring-shaped roll with a tough, chewy texture, made from plain yeast dough that is dropped. The bagel is a breakfast classic, and great ones are hard to find. If you don't live near a bakery, or if you just like the challenge of making. Skinny taste bagels (Greek yogurt + self rising flour) with swirled food colouring to make it interesting. 😂 Was thinking the kids might like it but they thought it looked. #bagel #yummy #bread #dunkindonuts #help.
- Tip the yeast and 1 tbsp of sugar into a large bowl, and pour over 100ml warm water. Leave for 10 mins until the mixture becomes frothy..
- Pour 200ml warm water into the bowl, then stir in the salt and half the flour. Keep adding the remaining flour (you may not have to use it all) and mixing with your hands until you have a soft, but not sticky dough. Then knead for 10 mins until the dough feels smooth and elastic..
- Shape into a ball and put in a clean, lightly oiled bowl. Cover loosely with cling film and leave in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1hr..
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7..
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 10 pieces. Shape each piece into a flattish ball, then take a wooden spoon and use the handle to make a hole in the middle of each ball. Slip the spoon into the hole, then twirl the bagel around the spoon to make a hole about 3cm wide. Cover the bagel loosely with cling film while you shape the remaining dough..
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and tip in the remaining sugar. Slip the bagels into the boiling water – no more than four at a time. Cook for 1-2 mins, turning over in the water until the bagels have puffed slightly and a skin has formed. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain away any excess water. Sprinkle over your choice of topping and place on a baking tray lined with parchment..
- Bake in the oven for 20mins until browned and crisp – the bases should sound hollow when tapped. Leave to cool on a wire rack, then serve with your favourite filling..
How many times have you gotten laid this year?"— Janitor. "Bagel"— Todd. Bagel definition: A bagel is a ring-shaped bread roll. Meaning, pronunciation, translations and COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Des bagels faits par nous et frais ! Retrouvez-nos points de ventes en France, Suisse, Luxembourg Venez récupérer vos bagels et découvrir nos marquages au sol en avançant case par case, c'est pas.