Steak egg and cheese bagel. A bagel freshly toasted with real butter that holds a tender, juicy steak patty, a fluffy folded egg, melty American cheese and savory grilled onions. We recently tried to recreate a McDonalds steak egg and cheese bagel and have had near perfect results. Cook the eggs like an omelet that you never fold, just flip it once.
If you want your local McDonald's restaurant to carry the Steak, Egg & Cheese bagel, you are encouraged to call your local franchise operator and *politely* DEMAND the Steak. Egg, & Cheese Bagel sandwich features a steak patty, grilled onions, American cheese, folded egg, and Breakfast sauce on a toasted and buttered bagel. Overall, I really enjoyed McDonald's Steak, Egg, & Cheese Bagel sandwich. You can have Steak egg and cheese bagel using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak egg and cheese bagel
- It’s 1 pkg of breakfast steaks.
- Prepare 1 pkg of everything bagels.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of garlic podwer.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of season salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Chicago steak seasoning by grill mate.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 6 slices of cheese of your choice.
- You need 1 tsp of chipotle aoli.
- It’s 1 tsp of steak sauce of your choice.
- You need 6 of eggs.
It's definitely a hearty breakfast for those who enjoy having a savory. Yes, this is a copy cat of McDonald's steak egg and cheese bagel that has been off of the menu for quite some time. It is so delicious but easy enough to make at home that you wont even care that you cant get it through drive thru anymore. The USDA urges people to consume no more.
Steak egg and cheese bagel step by step
- Slice your onion..
- Using a cast iron skillet on med heat. Melt butter.
- Once butter is melted add onion and half the seasonings..
- Once the onions are sautéed in same pan add the steak and rest of the seasonings. Cook about 3-5 min on each side adding onion to top of steak.
- Toast the bagels while meat is cooking.
- Once toasted spread on the chipotle aoli on both sides.
- Steak should be done by this time. So in a small frying pan add oil..
- Once heated fry an egg like you like it. I prefer overeasy.
- Now time to assemble while egg cooks place cheese steak and onion then once egg is done egg and top with steak sauce and other part of bagel.
- Side note.: you can leave it open face without other part of bagel and eat it with a fork and knife. It is messy from the egg but soooo worth the extra napkins.
These actually have a pretty high food cost for the store. Relative to our other products anyways. We typically serve the majority of them on the steak, egg and cheese bagel. It comes with breakfast sauce, cheese, one steak patty, grilled slivered onions and a folded egg. Now. the cheese on the ham bagel. is just regular ol mcdonalds american cheese. and the sauce. is an eggs benedict type sauce with some spices. and the Mcdonald's Steak and Egg Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches.