No-Bake Chocolate Kahlua Pie Recipe.
You can have No-Bake Chocolate Kahlua Pie Recipe using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No-Bake Chocolate Kahlua Pie Recipe
- Prepare 44 of chocolate wafers, divided, finely ground.
- You need 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, divided.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It’s 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of powdered gelatin.
- It’s 7 tablespoons of coffee liquor (such as Kahlua), divided.
- It’s 3 1/3 cups of heavy cream, chilled, divided.
No-Bake Chocolate Kahlua Pie Recipe step by step
- Pulse 36 wafer cookies in food processor until finely ground. Place crumbs in large bowl and stir in melted butter, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 2 teaspoons water until thoroughly moistened. Firmly press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Pulse remaining 8 cookies until finely ground and set aside..
- Place chocolate in large heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat..
- Add 1 tablespoon water to small microwave safe bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the top. Let sit 5 minutes to soften. Heat in microwave on high power until just melted, 10 to 20 seconds..
- Whisk 6 tablespoons coffee liquor into melted chocolate. Whisk in melted gelatin..
- Whip 2 1/3 cups cream with 1 tablespoon sugar to medium peaks. Fold cream into chocolate in 3 batches, until just combined. Gently fold in reserved chocolate wafer crumbs. Pour into pie shell and chill until set, about 3 hours..
- Whip remaining cup cream with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar to soft peak. Fold in remaining tablespoon coffee liquor. Serve on the side..