Low Carb Bagels. The low carb bagel did indeed taste like the popular breakfast dish. And, some people may want to add a little maple syrup on top. I chose to have mine with a little butter.
They're super close to regular bagels, especially if you add. Hot dogs wrapped in low carb Fathead pizza crust dough and baked in the oven until golden brown. If you omit the minced onion, and everything seasoning on top you can easily transform these into whatever type of bagel you want! You can cook Low Carb Bagels using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Bagels
- You need 200 g of Shredded Mozarella.
- You need 100 g of Cream Cheese.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 200 g of Ground Almond/Almond Flour.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
Just look at that bagel, cream cheese, and salmon sandwich. Growing up, we would go to the deli and have fresh bagels all of the time, but now. What inspired these low carb bagels. I made them for the first time after using Fathead dough to make empanadas.
Low Carb Bagels step by step
- In one bowl, microwave the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese for 1-2 minute..
- Stir and microwave for another 1 minute until melted..
- Mix the almond flour and baking powder in a separate bowl..
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the cheese..
- Add the eggs and mix (I add the eggs at this point since the mixture is not as hot from the cheese)..
- Add whatever favours you'd like; i.e. basil, oregano, garlic, onion, etc..
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to the cheese to form a dough-like consistency..
- Using your hands, form into bagel shapes. Depending on how much almond flour I use, it can be more/less sticky..
- Place on parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden on 180°C (fan)..
The dough was so lovely, so golden and flaky and fragrant. Keto Recipes Low Carb Bread Recipes Paleo Recipes. Read on to learn… For many, the morning would not be complete without a bagel. This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.