Easy Hand Kneaded Bagel. If you're kneading by hand, you may want to use an unbleached all-purpose flour, which is easier to work. It takes much longer for If kneading by hand, turn out onto a lightly floured board. And it's a very stiff dough, so it's not the easiest to knead.
Kneading the dough makes bread and rolls light, airy, and chewy. If you would like to make bagels we can train and show you recipe. Hand Shaped; The bagel is shaped into round balls after the first bulk fermentation. You can have Easy Hand Kneaded Bagel using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Hand Kneaded Bagel
- You need 200 grams of Bread (or cake) flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 2/3 tsp of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 120 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Honey (or sugar).
Traditional bagels have large holes in them. Skip the store-bought because bagels are easier than you think! I dedicated the past month to homemade bagels. How to Make Bagels that are perfectly chewy, golden brown, and flavorful!!
Easy Hand Kneaded Bagel step by step
- Blend the flour and salt. Mix the water with the sugar and yeast, and allow it to soak. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the water and cut in with a spatula..
- Once the mixture begins to stick, use your hands to bring it to one mass. After all the flour has been incorporated, knead for 5~10 minutes by folding over the dough. Continue until there are no lumps..
- Place a plastic wrapper over the dough and let it rest at room temperature for at least 10 minutes. If you're letting it rise at low temperature, leave step 4 in the fridge over night. In the morning, warm up the dough by kneading a bit and then proceed to step 5..
- Divide into small portions, knead and form small balls. Cover them with a damp towel and leave them at room temperature for at least 10 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Stick your finger in the center and make a hole. Make sure the hole is in the middle from bird's eye view so that the dough expands evenly..
- Kettling: Fill the frying pan with 3 cm of water, and boil to around 85℃. Add honey to bring out the glaze. Place parchment paper in the pan and boil each side of the bagel for 30~60 seconds..
- Pat dry the bagels and bake them right away in the oven at 200℃ for 15 minutes, or until ready..
- This is a cross-section. Fluffy and chewy, just as if they are store-bought Freshly made and still warm..
- If you're filling the bagel, flatten the shape in an oval in step 5..
- I made it into a egg salad sandwich..
Step-by-step video and Texture: Perfectly chewy and wonderful. However, the fresh bagel market is expanding and the bagel bakery is visible in most communities. When Maxence and I were in San Francisco late last summer, we had bagels for breakfast every single day. The whole process was a lot of fun, and much less involved than I thought: the dough is rather stiff, which makes it easy to handle once kneaded. Lanzhou hand-pulled noodles usually employ plant ash mainly contains Potassium carbonate or lye solution.