Macrobiotic Whole Wheat Tofu Bagels.
You can cook Macrobiotic Whole Wheat Tofu Bagels using 7 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Macrobiotic Whole Wheat Tofu Bagels
- Prepare 150 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of Whole wheat (or bread flour).
- You need 150 grams of Tofu.
- It’s 50 ml of Soy milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Raw sugar (or light brown sugar is OK).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 3 grams of Dry yeast.
Macrobiotic Whole Wheat Tofu Bagels step by step
- Heat the tofu in the microwave for about 1 minute (no need to squeeze liquid out of the tofu)..
- Add soy milk to the warm tofu and crumble (the tofu should be about body temperature)..
- Combine the bread/whole wheat flour with a pinch of salt..
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and place the dry yeast and the raw sugar into it..
- Add the warm but not hot tofu (and soy milk) into it..
- Mix the tofu and the yeast first, then start mixing it all together with the dry ingredients..
- Knead it until the surface becomes smooth (about 5-10 minutes), then roll it into a ball..
- Allow it to rise for 10 minutes. (40 ℃).
- Punch down to let the trapped air out of the dough. 10 minutes rising time is enough to make the dough bouncy..
- Divide it into quarters and reshape the dough into balls. Seal the seams tightly..
- Allow it to rise one more time for 10 minutes (40℃)..
- Shaping. Make a hole in the center of the dough with your fingers. With a circular motion, push the dough out from the center to make it into donut shapes..
- While letting the shaped dough rest (about 5 minutes), preheat the oven to 210℃ and boil some water in a large pot..
- Add sugar (not included) to the hot water. Boil the dough for about 30 seconds..
- Drain and lightly dry the excess water off the dough..
- Bake at 210℃ in an oven for about 15 minutes..
- Your fluffy, chewy bagel is done..