Rice Flour Bagels!!. Baking bread with even my favorite all purpose gluten free flour blend, Better Batter, is used to make batter-style gluten free bread, like our gluten free white But the real issue is the whey protein isolate that forms an important part the gluten free bread flour blend that makes these bagels so authentic. Rice flour made from Japanese rice had been traditionally used for Japanese sweets "Wagashi" and rice crackers "Senbei" for centuries. And during recent years, Japanese rice flour has started to be used for bread, cake or noodles as flour milling technology has advanced.
Rice flour (also rice powder) is a form of flour made from finely milled rice. It is distinct from rice starch, which is usually produced by steeping rice in lye. Rice flour is a common substitute for wheat flour. You can cook Rice Flour Bagels!! using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice Flour Bagels!!
- Prepare 200 grams of Rice flour (joshinko).
- Prepare 70 grams of Grated yamaimo (or lotus root. Refer to the Helpful Hints).
- It’s 70 grams of Sugar (cane sugar).
- You need 40 grams of Shortening (or margarine).
- It’s 50 ml of Water.
- It’s 5 grams of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cocoa powder if you want to give it color.
- Prepare 1 of Ham, cheese, lettuce etc. if you like.
- It’s 1 of additive-free soy milk warmed up for 1 minute in the microwave, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice added in. after it chills, filter through a tea strainer; you can make one portion at a time!! Soy cheese and fruit jam if you like.
This rice flour roti isn't fancy. It's not flavorful or delicious or really anything other than a simple flatbread. It's a vehicle that'll help you scoop up I use grams instead of ounces because my OCD likes the higher accuracy. And these bagels kept really well for a couple of days, actually.
Rice Flour Bagels!! instructions
- Microwave the water for 30 seconds. Add in the dry yeast, and dissolve it..
- Mix in the dissolved dry yeast from Step 1 with the rest of the ingredients, and knead..
- Form it into doughnut shapes, lightly mist with water, place into an airtight container (or wrap a tall container with plastic wrap) and let rise at 30℃ for 40 minutes using your oven's rising function..
- Steam for about 15~20 minutes in a steamer (over medium heat), and it is done!! Cover with a wet towel or cover with plastic wrap in order to keep these from drying out until they have cooled down..
- You can make delicious sandwiches out of these bagels with soy cheese and fruit jam..
Non GMO and Gluten Free [Packaging may vary]. Bread the chicken with rice flour and cook in palm shortening for a real food version of the classic. I think I've told you before: I don't fry food. Finish them with your choice of toppings. To make a bagel with more "chew," substitute bread flour for AP flour in homemade self-rising flour recipe listed above.