You can cook Corn Bagels using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corn Bagels
- You need 400 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 120 grams of Corn grits (or corn meal).
- You need 5 grams of Instant dry yeast.
- You need 20 grams of Raw cane sugar.
- Prepare 8 grams of Salt.
- It’s 250 of to 320 grams Lukewarm water.
- It’s 1 of Sugar (for kettle boiling).
Corn Bagels step by step
- Combine all the ingredients except for the sugar needed for kettle boiling. Adjust the amount of lukewarm water as needed. It's fine to adjust the amount to what you think is best..
- It's kind of firm, so knead with force. Don't knead too much. It's okay if the surface of the dough feels coarse since there are corn grits inside..
- Immediately divide into 7 pieces. Roll them up and place a dampened towel on top to prevent from drying out. Let rest for 10 minutes..
- It's shaping time. Place the rolling pin in the middle, and roll it out once each way (top and bottom)..
- Place the pin lengthwise in the middle. If you're not used to doing this, just turn the dough sideways and roll it out. If not, roll it out each way (right and left). It should look like a rectangle..
- Try not to touch the dough too much, and roll it out in as little time as you can. Start rolling it up tightly from the front, working it away from your body..
- Stretch out the rolled up cylinder so it becomes longer..
- Push down one end with your thumb to spread..
- Bring out the other end and seal together by wrapping it with the end that was flattened out..
- The shaping is done. Let rest for 20 to 30 minutes at 35℃. Be careful not to let the dough dry out. It's done once they double in size..
- Add sugar in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Cook each side for 30 seconds, a total of 1 minute per bagel. Once they're done, coat with more corn grits if you'd like..
- Bake for 18 minutes at 190℃. Adjust to your oven..