You can cook Tofu Bagels using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu Bagels
- It’s 190 grams of Tofu.
- It’s 200 grams of ★ Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Olive oil (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ★ Salt.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/3 teaspoons ★ Dry active yeast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Raw sugar or malt syrup (for kettle boiling).
Tofu Bagels step by step
- Put the tofu into a heat-resistant bowl, break it up a little, and microwave for 40 seconds..
- Add the ★ ingredients and knead. Once the dough comes together, add olive oil if you'd like and knead more..
- Take the dough out onto a board and knead well (about 5 minutes). Slam the dough and smooth out the surface (while dusting if the dough sticks to the board)..
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and roll them up as you fold the cut surface inside. Gently place a plastic wrap over them and let rest for 5 minutes. Lightly dust the bottom and top of the dough beforehand..
- On a dusted board, thinly roll out the dough, and fold in 3 layers with a bit of space at the right edge. Lightly push it down and let the shape settle. Shape into a doughnut shape by wrapping the left edge with the right..
- Bring water to a boil in a frying pan. Preheat the oven to 200℃ (set aside a baking pan lined with parchment paper)..
- Once the water starts to simmer, add raw sugar and cook each side for 30 seconds. Transfer immediately to the oven, and it's done after baking for 15 to 18 minutes!.