Cocoa & White Chocolate Bagels. Overview Information Cocoa is the plant from which chocolate is made. Bitter chocolate is produced by pressing roasted cocoa kernels (seeds) between hot rollers. The cocoa bean is the seed of the cacao tree (Theobroma cacao), a tropical plant indigenous to the equatorial regions of the Americas.
Cocoa definition, a powder made from roasted, husked, and ground seeds of the cacao, Theobroma cacao, from which much of the fat has been removed. The percentage of cacao, cocoa or dark chocolate on a candy bar tells you how much combined cocoa powder and cocoa butter are present. The specific proportion of each is generally a trade secret. You can cook Cocoa & White Chocolate Bagels using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cocoa & White Chocolate Bagels
- Prepare 250 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dry yeast.
- It’s 1 of 1 teaspoon Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Cocoa powder.
- You need 150 ml of Milk (low-fat milk is fine).
- Prepare 1 of bar White Chocolate.
The cocoa bean or simply cocoa (/ ˈ k oʊ. k oʊ /), which is also called the cacao bean or cacao (/ k ə ˈ k aʊ /), is the dried and fully fermented seed of Theobroma cacao, from which cocoa solids (a mixture of nonfat substances) and cocoa butter (the fat) can be extracted. Cocoa beans are the basis of chocolate, and Mesoamerican foods including tejate, an indigenous Mexican drink that. Disambiguation page for the term "cocoa". Cocoa may refer to chocolate related items, or other terms.
Cocoa & White Chocolate Bagels instructions
- Cut the white chocolate into 1 cm cubes with a knife..
- Combine the bread flour and cocoa powder in a bowl. Make a well in the center, add the dry yeast and sugar in the well and add the salt around the edge..
- Add 1/2 of the milk in the well, and mix with the sugar and dry yeast. Then add the rest of the milk and mix altogether..
- Knead until the dough becomes moist (about 10 minutes). Then add the white chocolate and knead for 5 minutes. Roll into a ball..
- Divide the dough into 4 portions, roll into balls and let them rest for 10 minutes. (Cover with a wet kitchen towel to prevent from drying)..
- Deflate the dough and form into shapes..
- Allow to rise for 30 minutes, using the oven's 'bread rising' function. (Cover with cling film to prevent drying out.).
- Boil water in a pan, add 2 tablespoon of honey. Boil the dough for 30 seconds each side, and transfer to a sheet of parchment paper..
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 190℃ (preheated at 200℃), and they are done..
- The cut cross section looks like this..
As per the USDA Nutrient Database, cocoa is rich in minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium. It is a good source of zinc, iron, and sodium while providing the body with energy, carbohydrates, protein, and dietary fibers. How to use cocoa in a sentence. Cocoa is the plant from which chocolate is made. Bitter chocolate is produced by pressing roasted cocoa kernels (seeds) between hot rollers.