Easy Chocolate Bagels.
You can cook Easy Chocolate Bagels using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Bagels
- Prepare 250 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of Pure cocoa powder.
- Prepare 26 grams of Sugar.
- You need 8 grams of Skim milk powder.
- It’s 5 grams of Salt.
- It’s 3 grams of Instant dry yeast.
- You need 140 ml of Water.
Easy Chocolate Bagels step by step
- Put all ingredients into the bread machine to prepare the dough..
- Take the dough out when the kneading is done (before the first rising). Divide into 6 to 7 portions. Roll the dough up into balls, and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not let the dough rise in the bread machine..
- Punch out the air with the seams up. Roll into a cylinder..
- Stretch the dough until it's about 25cm long, then flatten the two ends with a rolling pin..
- Connect the two ends and make a ring-shape. Take care to secure the seams well. Place on top of individual pieces of parchment paper..
- Let the dough rise for 40 to 50 minutes (so that it's about 80% risen)..
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar (unlisted) into 200ml of water..
- In hot water, boil both sides of the bagel for 30 seconds each (this process is called "kettle boil"). I've written some notes on kettle boiling in Helpful Hints. The photo shows the bagels right after it's been kettle boiled..
- Preheat oven at 230℃. Lower to 210℃ after putting the dough inside. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes..