You can have Pitch-black Bagels using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pitch-black Bagels
- You need 280 grams of ✿Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 20 grams of ✿Cake flour.
- It’s 4 grams of ✿Salt.
- You need 10 grams of ✿Sugar.
- Prepare 4 grams of ✿Instant dry yeast.
- It’s 15 grams of ✿Black cocoa.
- Prepare 180 grams of ✿Water.
- Prepare 40 grams of White chocolate chip.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Honey (for kettle boiling).
Pitch-black Bagels instructions
- Knead all ✿ ingredients in a bowl for 10 minutes. Divide into 5 (or 3) portions. Let rest for 15 minutes..
- Roll out the dough as in the picture. Scatter the chocolate chips and roll up from the corner. Make sure to secure the seam well..
- Flatten one side and fold in the other end. Close the seam well!.
- The hole in the center should be about 2 fingers wide..
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes. (You could also use the dough rising setting on your oven.).
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Boil water in a large pan or a frying pan. Mix in the honey to dissolve..
- The water should only be bubbling slightly! Do not boil vigorously!.
- Boil the bagels, 15 seconds on each side. Drain, and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes..