Chewy Soy Milk Bagels.
You can cook Chewy Soy Milk Bagels using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chewy Soy Milk Bagels
- You need 200 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 125 of to 130 ml Soy milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of Honey (or molasses or sugar).
Chewy Soy Milk Bagels instructions
- Put the bread flour, sugar, salt, and dry yeast into the bowl. (Make a dent in the middle of the flour to add the sugar and dry yeast.).
- Microwave the soy milk for 30 seconds until it is warm to the touch. Add into the center of the bowl, and mix with the dry yeast first before mixing everything together. Knead for 10 minutes until the dough becomes shiny..
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200℃..
- Divide the dough into portions to shape. On a flat working surface, roll the dough out into an oval. Leave one end untouched and fold the remaining parts into thirds. Fold in the other end into the untouched end to shape the bagel. (Make sure to close the seam well.).
- Boil water in a pan large enough to boil all the bagels in one go. Mix in the honey to dissolve and boil the bagels, 30 seconds on each side (use a spatula and move the bagels around so that they won't touch each other or the bottom of the pan.).
- Drain and put them into the oven immediately. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes at 200℃ to finish..