You can have Simple Bagels using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Bagels
- You need 250 grams of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 20 grams of Rye.
- You need 18 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 1/2 grams of Salt.
- You need 156 grams of Water.
- Prepare 3 grams of Dried yeast.
- Prepare of For kettle boiling:.
- Prepare 1 of litre Hot water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar (molasses or sugar or honey).
Simple Bagels step by step
- Mix all the ingredients with a whisk. Make a dent in the middle and pour in the water. Use a spatula and mix until smooth..
- Transfer onto a working surface and knead until even (it won't take 5 minutes)..
- Divide into several portions and let rest for 15 minutes or as long as you wish for the first rising..
- Shape the bagel. (Form into rings – take care not to trap any air.) Let rise again for 30 minutes, or as long as you wish..
- Heat water for kettle boiling (but do not let boil). Add the sugar. Boil each side of the bagels for 30 seconds. Drain onto a baking tray..
- Preheat the oven to 250℃. Lower the temperature to 230℃ and bake for 10 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 210℃ and bake for another 5 minutes..
- There will be cracks on the surface after some time..