Bittersweet Brown Sugar Bagels – Using a bread maker. Learn how to make bagels using your bread maker. There's a curious set of steps to making bagels, but your bread machine can make the hardest step easy. If you've never made bagels before you may be surprised to learn that one of the steps before baking is boiling.
The brand can also matter, I use Gold Medal bread flour but I In the bagels themselves I've substituted brown sugar. When boiling, I've learned that a little bit of honey helps to make this bagel recipe a bit chewier. Most natural food stores carry it. You can cook Bittersweet Brown Sugar Bagels – Using a bread maker using 7 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bittersweet Brown Sugar Bagels – Using a bread maker
- It’s 280 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 160 ml of Cold water.
- Prepare 25 grams of Brown Sugar (powdered).
- It’s 10 grams of Instant coffee powder.
- It’s 4 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 10 grams of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 4/5 grams of Dry yeast.
Set bread maker to dough cycle, push start. When cycle is complete, dough will be nicely risen and ready to make into donuts. Place all ingredients in order listed. Homemade brown sugar is a simple combination of granulated sugar and molasses.
Bittersweet Brown Sugar Bagels – Using a bread maker instructions
- Prepare 5 sheets of parchment paper 1 piece for the oven and 4 pieces for placing bagels after formed..
- Put all listed ingredients into the bread maker and choose the program leading up to the first rise..
- Take the dough out of the bread maker and form a round shape. Do not tear or knead..
- Now slice this dough into 4 portions with a scraper..
- Cover with a moistened kitchen towel..
- Take the portions from under the moistened kitchen towel one at a time. Using your palm, like in this picture, gently form the portions into a round shape..
- Stretch the surface to smooth. Then turn upside down and roll with a rolling pin..
- Roll to an about 20 cm x 15 cm oval shape..
- Tightly roll from one side to the other. Please make sure the joint is well sealed otherwise it will burst when you bake..
- Make one end thinner and press the other end into a rice paddle shape. Bring the thinner end to rice paddle shape end to make a ring. Wrap and seal the joint tightly..
- Stick your finger into the center hole and move your finger around to make the hole larger. The hole should be big enough for three fingers..
- Place bagels on parchment paper and place under the moistened kitchen towel..
- Ensure the bagels are formed nicely..
- Then leave them rest for 15 minutes under the moistened kitchen towel. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 190-200°C..
- Also prepare a kitchen towel and mesh ladle to scoop bagels from the boiling water. Set aside..
- Boil the water and honey in the frying pan and turn down heat to a low simmer..
- Now quickly put in the bagels placing the paper side up..
- Once you have put all 4 bagels in the frying pan, quickly turn over in the same order. Then quickly scoop out the bagels with the mesh ladle. Wipe away lightly any excess moisture with the kitchen towel..
- Place them on the baking tray lined with the parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 190-200°C for 15 minutes. Please adjust baking time depending on your own oven..
- Bake until a nice golden brown like this!.
Here's how to make both light and brown sugars at home. Your homemade brown sugar can be used right away for baking or cooking, or it can be stored in an airtight container, where it will keep well for up to one. The first point in relation to this is that if the world's entire sugar crop (sugar cane and sugar beet combined) were used for ethanol production, it would deliver only THREE PERCENT of the energy currently provided by oil. Because quick bread + bagel + clean eating is my new win. I think you're gonna be shocked at how easy it is Combine using a large spoon or spatula until it starts to stick to itself in a large ball.