Mattar Paneer. Matar Paneer Recipe with step by step photos. Matar Paneer is a classic North Indian Punjabi Recipe made with green peas and cottage cheese. Matar paneer is a restaurant style creamy, delicious and rich peas paneer curry.
Punjabi Style Matar Paneer Recipe: Cubed and fried paneer chunks, sauteed with peas, green chillies along with a host of spices. Dish out matar paneer, garnish with coriander leaves and serve with naan or tandoori Have you tried this "Matar Paneer Recipe"? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and. You can have Mattar Paneer using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mattar Paneer
- Prepare of For the gravy.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cashew nuts.
- You need 1/2 of medium sized onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of medium sized tomato, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste (1" ginger, 2-3 cloves garlic.
- It’s of For finishing the sabzi.
- It’s of Butter/oil/ghee (butter tastes better!).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin-coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of fennel powder (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cream (or butter and milk).
- You need 1/2 of " ginger, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of small green chilli, slits.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parboiled peas.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of paneer, cubed, slightly roasted in oil.
Matar (Peas) Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) in Tomato Gravy is a delicious, vegetarian main course dish from Northern part of India. Matar Paneer is a simple North Indian food recipe prepare with green peas and cottage cheese that are cooked in a creamy tomato based curry. Goes well with roti and naan. Download Matar paneer stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Mattar Paneer instructions
- For the gravy, add oil to a pan. Once it's hot, add cashew and roast them until they are light brown..
- Add onions and salt and cook until golden..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell fades..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they get mushy..
- Once done, let it cool down and then blend to a paste..
- For finishing the sabzi, add butter (preferred) or oil to pan. Add jeera after it gets hot..
- Once it sizzles, add onions and cook till translucent..
- Add all the dry spices EXCEPT garam masala and kasuri methi; cook for 2-3 min. If it seems like the spices are burning, add 1-2 tbsp of water..
- Add coriander and cook for a minute..
- Add the gravy made earlier, tomato ketchup and cream (or butter and milk). Mix well..
- Add peas, ginger and green chilli. Add water to adjust consistency..
- Cook for 2-3 min and add the paneer cubes (lightly roasted in oil earlier).
- At the end, add garam masala and kasuri methi..
- Mattar paneer is ready! Serve hot with paratha or rice!.
Matar paneer is a delicious curry made of paneer cubes and fresh peas cooked in a rich, spicy and tangy gravy. Matar paneer is one of my favorite North Indian dishes. Creamy Matar Paneer Recipe restaurant style made with roasted paneer. What I love about matar paneer is that it is so fuss free to cook. Sometimes I add chunks of the all-time favourite, aloo (potato) in it!