Palak Paneer. Palak paneer with video and step by step photos. One of the most popular Indian dishes is palak paneer – soft cottage cheese cubes in a mild spiced smooth spinach sauce. Palak paneer (pronounced [paːlək pəniːɾ]) is a vegetarian dish originating from the Indian subcontinent, consisting of paneer (a type of cottage cheese).
Palak Paneer is one of the most popular paneer dishes. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is cooked with spinach and spices in this creamy and flavorful curry. It pairs well with naan, paratha or jeera rice. green coloured palak curry is palak paneer with paneer cubes, garam masala and other spices. finally, i request you to check my other top paneer curries recipes collection with this post of palak. You can have Palak Paneer using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Palak Paneer
- Prepare 1-2 bunches of Palak (Spinach) – chopped.
- Prepare 200 g of Paneer – cut into 1 inch cubes as well as some grated.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato (medium sized) – chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion (medium sized) – chopped.
- Prepare 5-6 strands of Coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1/3 inch of Ginger (grated).
- Prepare 3-4 of Garlic cloves (thin sliced).
- It’s 1-2 of Serrano peppers- chopped.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of Yogurt/Curd – whisked.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/3 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/3 tbsp of Red Chilli powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of – Salt (or to taste).
- You need 1 tbsp of – Whipped cream.
Palak Paneer – a smooth and creamy spinach sauce infused with Indian spices becomes a delicious base You may know this recipe as Saag Paneer, but this recipe is actually called Palak Paneer, or. Palak paneer is one of the all-time most beloved Indian recipes. Rich with spices, spinach, and fresh-pressed cheese that squeaks delightfully with each bite, palak paneer is a gluten-free dish packed. Palak Paneer is likely the most popular paneer dish from North India.
Palak Paneer instructions
- Heat up a pan (medium heat) and add 1 tbsp oil..
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let them splutter for about 10 seconds..
- Add bay leaf, grated ginger, sliced garlic cloves, and chopped serrano peppers and stir for about 30 seconds..
- Add chopped onion and salt, and stir until the onions turn pink to light brown. Caution: Don't overcook the onions to dark brown..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes soften up and become a bit mushy..
- Turn down the heat, and let the pan cool down a bit..
- Add whisked yogurt and spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder) and cook on low-medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil (bubbles on the side in yogurt). Keep stirring in between..
- Add chopped spinach and mix it well. Cook for a few minutes until the spinach wilts..
- Add coriander leaves to the mixture and cook for about a minute or two..
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down..
- Blend the cooked mixture into a fine paste/puree..
- Pour the puree back to the pan (on low-medium flame) then add 3/4 tbsp whipped cream..
- Grate some paneer into the puree, and after about a minute add one inch cubes..
- Top off with some more (1/4 tbsp) whipped cream..
- Palak paneer is ready to serve!.
Creamy spinach with tasty paneer makes a delicious main dish. This recipe was one of my first published recipes on YouTube. Indian Palak Paneer or (Spinach with Paneer) is delicious, nutritious, full-flavored, and super easy to make in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker! Easy Palak Paneer. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Palak Paneer is an Indian spinach and cheese curry.