Spinach (Palak)-Paneer Combo.
You can have Spinach (Palak)-Paneer Combo using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach (Palak)-Paneer Combo
- You need 200 gms of Spinach palak or.
- You need 200 gms of Paneer cubes.
- You need 2 nos of green chillies.
- It’s 4 nos of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsps of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsps of ghee.
- You need 3/4 cup of onions chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of Tomato grated or pulp.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of jeerakam.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 tbsps of fresh cream / butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of fenugreek leaves.
Spinach (Palak)-Paneer Combo step by step
- Clean the spinach thoroughly well in running water.Now the blanching of the leaves is made as follows. Boil 3 cups of water and put the spinach in the boiling water for 3-4 minutes.Now drain out the water and put the leaves into ice cold water for refreshing the leaves.Now grind the leaves to a smooth paste adding a pinch of salt and one green chilly.Keep it aside.
- Gently saute the paneer pieces in 1 tbsp of ghee till it is slighly brown and keep aside..
- Now pour the oil to a pan and saute the jeerakam first, followed by chopped onions, grated -ginger, garlic and one green chilly one by one. Add the turmeric powder, tomato pulp and salt to taste.Mix well and saute till the mixture leaves oil. Add spinach puree with 3 tbsps of water and cook for 2 minutes. Now add the garam masala and 2 tbsps of fresh cream (butter) followed by the fried paneer pieces..
- Mix everything well and take out from stove.Decorate with fenugreek leaves or pomegranate.Delicious veggie is ready.Serve Hot with rotis or chappathi..
- Hints :I have mixed red and green spinach and hence the colourof the dish is reddish brown. But for pure green colour use palak or green spinach. You can also add 1/2 tsp chilly powder if you need the veggie to be more spicy..