Indian Mattar Paneer – Green Peas & Cottage Cheese Curry. Mattar (peas) Paneer (cheese) is a popular main course Indian dish, made with green peas, paneer, and a creamy blend of spices. When the peas are tender, add the salt and paneer. To thicken the gravy add corn starch mix.
This recipe will give you restaurant style. Muttar Paneer – easily one of the most loved Indian vegetarian curries! Muttar Paneer — easliy one of the most loved Indian vegetarian curries! You can cook Indian Mattar Paneer – Green Peas & Cottage Cheese Curry using 28 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian Mattar Paneer – Green Peas & Cottage Cheese Curry
- It’s 200 g of Paneer.
- You need 1 cup of Green Peas (Frozen Mix Veggies is also okay).
- You need 150 g of Tomatoes (diced or crushed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s of [Curry Paste] – processed in a blender.
- It’s 20-40 g of Red or Green Chillies.
- You need 20 g of Ginger.
- Prepare 20 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 20 g of Turmeric Root.
- You need 50 g of Red or Yellow Onions.
- You need of [Mixed Spices] – mix well.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1/2 of Black Pepper Powder.
- You need 1/2 of White Pepper Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need of [Aromatics].
- It’s 4 pc of Cardamom Pods.
- It’s 2 pc of Star Anise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Caraway Seeds.
- You need of [Sauce].
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 30 g of Butter or Ghee.
- Prepare 2-4 Tbsp of Yogurt.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 2-4 Tbsp of Cream.
- Prepare as needed of Salt.
This recipe has a refreshing mint and cilantro flavor that is just out of this. Add the paneer, water, and peas and bring to a boil. Matar Paneer is a classic North Indian Punjabi Recipe made with green peas and cottage cheese. Matar paneer Recipe with step by step photos – spiced and creamy I made a dish with the masala suggested in this mattar paneer recipe.
Indian Mattar Paneer – Green Peas & Cottage Cheese Curry step by step
- ONIONS: heat Cooking Oil and Butter in a pot or wok. Stir fry the Aromatics for 1 minute, and then add the Onions and fry until fragrant, soft and translucent. Then add the Mixed Spices and stir fry for 1 minute..
- CURRY PASTE: next, add the Curry Paste and cook until the the oil separates. Then add the Tomatoes and Water. Mix well and cook until the Tomatoes have soften and disintegrated..
- FINISHING: Next add the Paneer, Peas, Yogurt, Honey and Cream. Season with Salt and mix well. Continue to cook until the Sauce thickens. Serve with rice or Indian flat bread..
I did not add the mattar as my son does not like mattar. Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala. Mattar paneer translates to green peas paneer, paneer being a soft, unaged, fresh dairy cheese made in India. Extra firm tofu is a perfect substitution for paneer, with its mild flavor and soft and slightly crumbly texture (probably why tofu is so good in Indian curries). Here it's lightly pan fried with salt and.