Mushroom (veggie) Dum Biriyani.
You can have Mushroom (veggie) Dum Biriyani using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom (veggie) Dum Biriyani
- You need 2 cups of basmati rice.
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of Green chili chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green peas.
- It’s of French beans finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Cilantro leaves chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mint leaves chopped.
- You need 2 cups of Soy chunks (soaked in water. Later squeeze the water and cut into small pieces ).
- Prepare 1-2 cups of Brown Italian mushrooms.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Allspice powder.
- You need 1 of clove.
- You need 2 of cardamom pods.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Ghee.
- It’s of Cashew nuts , raisins ( fried in ghee ) to garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon / lime.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Saffron a pinch soaked in 2 tbsp milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Paneer ( cottage cheese) cubes, slightly fried in oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green peas.
Mushroom (veggie) Dum Biriyani instructions
- For Masala: In a pan, add some ghee . When ghee gets heated, add ginger garlic paste, chopped green chili, mix well . Add onion and fry everything well till onion becomes transparent. Next add all the vegetables (chopped carrots, beans, soy chunks, green peas). Sauté everything well and cook for a minute till everything is almost cooked. Then add cilantro, mint leaves, soy chunks, mushrooms. Also add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt to taste and sauté everything well and wait for masala to become thick and dry. Keep it aside..
- Rice cooking : In a pot. add some ghee. As it gets hot, add 1 cinnamon stick or allspice powder, 2 cardamom, 1 clove and fry it well. Into it add rice and few drops of lemon juice and fry it for 2 minutes or rice becomes dry. Add 3 1/2 cups of boiling water into to it. Add salt to taste. Cover the pot and wait for rice to cook. Once the rice is cooked, drain the excess water if any and spread the rice in a plate so that rice doesn't become sticky..
- Dum process: In a large cooking dish, level a part of prepared vegetable masala, Level a part of rice on top of it. Add few drops of lemon, few drops of saffron milk, little bit ghee, fried paneer, fried raisins and cashews, chopped cilantro leaves. Level vegetable masala and rice again. Repeat this process until everything is used. Cover the cooking dish tight and cook this in slow heat for 10 mins or so until steam comes..
- Serve hot. This photo is taken after mixing everything..