You can cook Mushroom Curry using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Curry
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 500 g of mixed mushrooms (we used portobello, Swiss brown and button) – roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves – thinly sliced.
- You need 5 cm of piece ginger – shredded.
- You need 1 of white onion – thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of long red chilli – thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of ground fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 500 g of ripe tomatoes – roughly chopped, or 400g can chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbs of mango chutney.
- You need 400 ml of can coconut milk.
- Prepare 200 g of paneer – chopped.
- It’s of cooked brown basmati rice, coriander leaves and lime wedges – to serve.
Mushroom Curry instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C..
- Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole over medium heat. Add mushroom and cook for 5-8 minutes or until softened and golden. Add remaining 1 tbs oil, then garlic, ginger, onion, chilli and spices. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously, or until the spices are toasted and fragrant, and the onion has softened. Add the tomato, mango chutney and coconut milk, and stir to combine. Season. Bring to a simmer, then scatter over paneer..
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the paneer is a golden colour and the curry has thickened slightly..
- Serve the curry with rice, coriander leaves and lime wedges..