Sahi paneer. Shahi paneer recipe – Delicious, rich & creamy restaurant style shahi paneer. Shahi dishes originated in the royal kitchens of the Mughals and were meat based. Shahi paneer is popular in the Indian restaurants & is made in several ways.
Shahi paneer is a delicious creamy gravy made with paneer. The creaminess comes from onions, nuts and curd. This is one of the popular and rich paneer recipe. You can cook Sahi paneer using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sahi paneer
- You need 250 gm of paneer cubbed.
- You need 2 of onion paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of curd.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Fresh cream or malai.
- Prepare leaves of Coriander.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
Shahi means royal and as the name suggest this is a royal paneer dish. Also most shahi paneer recipes include a couple tablespoons of cashew paste. Lastly for a creamier sauce like in restaurants increase water or cream/milk by a cup and lightly puree prior to adding paneer. With a couple tweaks this is a great and.
Sahi paneer step by step
- Take a pan add. Add oil heat well. Add onion paste saute for a mnt. Then add ginger garlic paste. Saute for few mnts.
- Then add curd and saute it for a mnt..
- Cook onion till turns pinkish brown. Then add all spices and cook till relase oil..
- Then add fresh cream or malai. Saute it for a mnt only..
- Don't cook it over because cream realese more oil..
- Add cubbed paneer. Cook for 2 to 3 mnts..
- Garnished with coriander leaves..
Punjabi shahi paneer – Of course inspired from mughalai version but with completely different taste. Tomatoes and spices are used in the gravy hence it has red-orangey color just like typical Punjabi gravy. Ingredients for Punjabi shahi paneer recipe: Paneer (Homemade or store bought) Cashews – Add thickness to the gravy; Fresh produce. Shahi means royal and as the name suggest this is a royal paneer dish. Literally translated to royal cottage cheese.