Paneer Matar Masala. Cooking & baking supplies and more. Matar paneer is a restaurant style creamy, delicious and rich peas paneer curry. Matar paneer is one of India's most popular paneer dishes.
This matar paneer is the best when you plan for a special meal. The recipe where my friend sangeeta referred was My Dhabha mutter paneer masala. So do try this Punjabi style matar paneer. You can cook Paneer Matar Masala using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paneer Matar Masala
- It’s 3 of medium-sized tomato puree (cut tomatoes and grind).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1-2 of slit green chillies.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger slivers.
- You need 250 gms of paneer cubes.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of jeera seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 of onions medium sized chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted besan atta.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red Chilli powder (adjust as per preference).
- It’s 1 tbsp of – Coriander powder.
- You need 1 cup of – Green peas.
- It’s 1 tsp of – Garam Masala.
- You need 1 tsp of – Kasuri Methi.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water -(to adjust gravy consistency).
Matar paneer recipe, mutter paneer is an Indian gravy side dish for Indian flat breads such as naan, roti, parathas. It has paneer and green peas as main ingredients. Matar Paneer, Mutter Panner Masala or मटर पनीर is a homely Indian main course dish, this cheesy peas is a to-go dish for many of us. This is a simple and easy recipe for matar paneer. this recipe is not a restaurant style but a simple homemade dish.
Paneer Matar Masala step by step
- Heat oil and butter in a nonstick pan, add chopped green chillies, ginger slivers and Paneer cubes. Fry on low flame until the paneer is golden brown on both sides. Set aside..
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp ghee. Add jeera seeds and let it splutter. Next add chopped onions, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste. Cook for 5mins until the onions turn slightly brown..
- Add the pureed tomatoes, roasted besan, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt to taste and green peas. Cook on medium flame until the oil separates. This should take about 6-8mins..
- Add 1 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Add fried paneer, garam masala, kasuri methi and cook with a closed lid on for 5minutes..
- Serve hot with rotis.
The kinds which make for a homely comforting meal. I have also shared spicy dhaba style matar paneer which tastes awesome. I learned to make mutter paneer first time at my in-laws' place. This is a classic Punjabi recipe that we make. Matar Paneer (Mutter Paneer), a delicious combination of soft paneer and healthy green peas in a mild spicy tomato based gravy, is a treat to taste buds at anytime.