Malai paneer. Malai paneer recipe with step by step photos – soft, melt in the mouth creamy paneer recipe made easy and quick and also restaurant style. Just add a couple of minutes to chop the onions and crush the ginger-garlic. Malai Paneer, as the name suggests, it's a paneer curry prepared in a fresh milk cream based rich and spicy gravy where almond and cashew nut paste brings in rich texture while dried fenugreek leaves bring a subtle but definite flavor.
There are many recipies involving paneer, e.g. palak paneer and mattak paneer. I believe malai to be a dairy product (heated milk high in fat). Malai paneer should be a type of paneer that is based on malai. You can cook Malai paneer using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malai paneer
- You need 250 gms of Paneer.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 spoon of Paneer masala.
- You need 1 spoon of Oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric masala.
- Prepare as required of Corrinder leaves for garnishing.
- Prepare 1 spoon of Jeera/cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 cup of Malai.
My guess is that this is cream cheese. Methi malai paneer literally translates to fenugreek cream cottage cheese/paneer. Though, the english translation is too plain and does not do justice to the actual dish. However, the hindi words methi malai paneer are apt for this dish.
Malai paneer step by step
- Take a pan..
- Add zeera and oil in it..
- Add onion and saute for a while And colour it light pink..
- Add tomato and saute for a while..
- Add all spices and mix well.
- Add paneer cubes..
- Add malai and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves..
- It's ready..
Say methi and any Indian will know what it tastes like. So is the case with malai and paneer. The Paneer would be perfectly set. Now cut the paneer into cubes or any shape that you desire. You can also refrigerate the paneer, by immersing the paneer in water in a airtight container.