You can cook Palak Paneer using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Palak Paneer
- You need 10 oz of spinach (washed and clean, about 6 cups packed spinach).
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of paneer (cubed into bite size, about 1/3 pound of paneer).
- You need 1 of tomato (finely chopped, this will make 3/4 of chopped tomato).
- It’s 1 of green chilli (chopped).
- You need 1 Tbsp of ginger (chopped).
- You need 1 Tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of asafetida (hing).
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder (dhania).
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric (haldi).
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (adjust to taste).
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
Palak Paneer instructions
- First blanch the spinach, this helps to keep the spinach colour bright. To blanch the spinach, boil about 6 cups of water in a saucepan, and let the spinach boil for one minutes. Drain the water and put the spinach in ice cold water for about two minutes. Drain the water..
- Blend the spinach, ginger and green chilli. Spinach should be creamy but not pasty..
- Soak the cubed paneer in about three cups of hot water, for about 5 minutes or more. This helps to give the paneer soft texture. Set aside..
- While cooking, spinach can splatter, use larger sauce pan. Heat the oil in a sauce pan, over medium high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if it cracks right away it is ready..
- Add cumin seed, and asafetida. After cumin seeds crack, add the tomatoes and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Tomatoes should be tender not mushy. Add coriander, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, and sugar, stir and add the spinach..
- After spinach comes to boil lower the heat to low, and let the spinach cook for about 5-6 minutes do not cover the pot. This helps keeping the green colour of spinach..
- Mix the flour to 1/2 cup of water and add to the spinach, also add the cream. Mix it well and let it cook for five minutes. If needed add little more water..
- Drain the paneer and fold it gently with spinach and let it simmer for about five minutes.
- Recipe Notes Palak paneer is ready, serve with naan, tandoori roti, Paratha..