Kafir Lime Tart.
Ingredients of Kafir Lime Tart
- Prepare of Biscuit Base.
- It’s 150 g of digestive biscuits.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 5-8 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare of Lime Curd.
- Prepare 1 Can of condensed milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp of lime zest.
- You need 3-4 of egg yolks.
Kafir Lime Tart instructions
- Pound or blend biscuits. Add in sugar and butter to form moist crumbs..
- Line side of pie dish. I used a 18cm pie dish and had leftover crumbs and curd to make 5 more muffin sized tarts. It's really up to you if u want to line the sides of the pie. I tried both and equally delicious. The pie crust will help to cut away some of the acidity..
- Bake the base for 15min at 180deg.
- Whisk egg yolks till light and fluffy..
- Add in condensed milk slowly, followed by lime juice and zest..
- Pour into tart base or muffin trays. Curd won't really expand much. So you may fill to the top..
- Lick the spoon and bowl! It's reallly soooo gooood that you can take the risk of contracting salmonella from the raw egg yolks. Lol.
- Bake for 15-20min in 180deg oven till just set or when curd is slightly wobbly when shaken..
- Cool to room temp on wire rack then transfer to fridge. You may eat at room temp if you prefer it with a stronger lime taste.!.
- Optional: you may serve with thinly sliced lime garnish, or whipped cream. If you are gung-ho enough. Whip up the egg whites with some sugar to form a meringue and bake together with the tart!.