Lemon and Lime Muffins. They are light, fluffy, tangy, and taste amazing. They are also super easy to make! I made these today, so simple and tasty.
In a separate small bowl, mix the lime yogurt with the baking soda and set aside. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Greek yogurt along with fresh lemons and limes are used in these simple and delicious Lemon Lime Muffins. You can have Lemon and Lime Muffins using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon and Lime Muffins
- It’s 400 grams of Butter.
- It’s 400 grams of Castor Sugar.
- It’s 400 grams of Self Raising Flour.
- It’s 6 of medium Eggs.
- You need of Juice and zest from 4 large Limes.
- It’s of Juice and jest from 2 Lemons.
- Prepare A few of drops Green Food colouring.
- It’s A few of drops Yellow Food Colouring.
Lime Zucchini Muffins- Moist and delicious zucchini muffins with a hint of lime, and a sugary nut topping. A delicious way to use up your zucchini! Recipe: The Most Lemony of Lemon Muffins. The secret to her bread (and the muffins I'm going to share with you) is the syrup.
Lemon and Lime Muffins step by step
- Cream together Butter and Sugar until smooth. Add Flour bit by bit then when all is smooth, divide into two bowls and set aside..
- In a bowl whisk lightly 3 eggs and mix in the Green food colouring and the zest and juice from the Limes..
- Add this Green mix to one bowl or sugar, butter and flour, mix until smooth and a consistent colour..
- Rinse out the egg bowl until clean, then add the other 3 Eggs, yellow food colouring, lemon zest and juice and mix well..
- Add this yellow egg mix to the second bowl of butter, sugar and flour and mix until smooth and a consistent colour..
- Fill Muffin cases with the mixtures to about 2/3 full to allow for expansion..
- Cook in a pre- heated oven for about 15-20 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle, comes out clean, not sticky..
- Cool and decorate with your choice of toppings, I used buttercream with a few drops of colouring added. You could add a bit of zest on top to show which flavour they are!.
It's cheating, sort of: you make a lemony batter to bake, but then you pour on a sunny syrup that soaks into each muffin. Light, fluffy and lemony, these easy lemon muffins have an extra citrus hit thanks to a simple glaze made with lemon juice and sugar. Put the flour, sugar, almonds, baking powder and lemon zest in a. Beat in the eggs along with the lime juice and lime zest. Stir in the flour, baking powder and grated coconut until thoroughly combined.