Spicy chile lime fajitas.
You can cook Spicy chile lime fajitas using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy chile lime fajitas
- Prepare of Marinade.
- It’s 3 tsp of ancho Chile powder.
- It’s 3 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of smoke paprika.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Chile lime seasoning (badia).
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 of limes.
- It’s of Canola or vegetable oil.
- You need of Veggies.
- Prepare 2 of large poblano.
- You need of Med yellow onion.
- Prepare of Med red and yellow bell.
- You need 3 of large jalepenos.
- It’s 6 oz of sliced portabella.
- Prepare of Meat.
- You need 2 of medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.25lb trimmed).
Spicy chile lime fajitas step by step
- Butterfly the chicken breast and slice the chicken (this will allow the marinate to really penetrate the meat over a short period of time).
- Add all the seasonings to a ziplock back followed by a glug of oil and the juice of 2 limes(add some water if you need to loosen the marinade up). shake really well and add the chicken and massage the marinade into the chicken and marinate for a couple hours in the fridge or overnight..
- Slice all the veggies and place in the fridge while the meat marinates.
- Remove the meat and place in a strainer to remove most of the marinade.
- Heat a large cast iron pan with some oil and quickly sear the meat but don’t over cook, remove and set aside..
- Add a splash of water to deglaze the pan and add and sear the veggies (I squeeze a lime and add a few pinches of kosher salt) once seared push to the side and add the meat back to the pan to heat the rest of the way through..
- Serve on flour tortillas with jack cheese and a slice of lime on the side….enjoy!.
- Alternate method. I have had success with sear the veggies on high to sear the bottom and then add it under the broiler at 550. After the veggies are seared well nestle in the chicken and broil for an additional few minutes and serve..