Divine Key Lime Pie 💚. This key lime pie filling has sour cream and sweetened condensed milk and is perfect for your favorite homemade graham cracker crust. I also used Rose's Key Lime juice. EDITED: I liked the combination of the oatmeal cookie crust with the pie filling, I just found the pie a little sweet.
Key lime pie is an American dessert pie made of Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust. The traditional Conch version uses the egg whites to make a meringue topping. The dish is named after the small Key limes (Citrus aurantifolia 'Swingle'. You can cook Divine Key Lime Pie 💚 using 13 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Divine Key Lime Pie 💚
- Prepare of — Crust —.
- You need of ~ 15 graham crackers.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Granulated Sugar (45 ml).
- Prepare 70 g of butter.
- Prepare of — Filling —.
- Prepare 400 g of Sweetened condensed milk (1 can).
- Prepare 4 of Egg yolks.
- It’s of ~ 115 g Lime juice (from 3 limes).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Lime zest (from grating the limes we just juiced).
- You need of — Whipped Top — (Optional).
- Prepare 170 g of Heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Powder sugar (30 ml).
This fresh, tart, authentic key lime pie recipe is the same one you'll remember from when you were a kid, and it's a breeze to make — all you need are a few ingredients to blend together! One word of advice: Do not put lime rinds down the disposal. This easy key lime pie recipe has a sweet graham cracker crust, which is SO easy to make. For the crust you need, crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter.
Divine Key Lime Pie 💚 step by step
- Start here if you're making the crust yourself. For a store-bought crust, skip to step 9.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool..
- In a large food processor or blender, combine the graham crackers, sea salt, and sugar..
- Mix them up for around 30 seconds..
- Add the butter and continue mixing it until it's uniform. If it looks really watery add another graham cracker or two..
- For the pie, your pan should be ~20cm. If you have a pie pan or springform pan, then skip this step. Otherwise if you're using a cake pan, press aluminium foil inside to the edges. This will allow us to lift the pie out easier later..
- Push your graham cracker mixture into the bottom and edge of the pan, and don't worry about getting your hands dirty 🙂 Then put the crust in the fridge for 10 minutes. (Don't use cling-film on the top, or it will steam).
- Take out of the fridge, and bake at 190C (~320F) for 15 minutes ^3^.
- Separate the eggs, and save the yolks. You can use the whites for something else later..
- In your food processor/ blender blend the filling ingredients (condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice, lime zest), scraping the sides every 5 seconds or so. (Until it's smooth).
- Wait for the crust to have cooled down from the oven, and then pour your filling on top of the crust..
- Bake in the oven for 14 minutes at 160C (320F). When it's ready the filling will be a little jiggly, but not wet. Add a minute or two if necessary..
- Remove from the oven, and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (cover with cling-film in the fridge this time)..
- At this point, it's ready to eat, but you can add the whipped cream topping as well for more deliciousness. (Recommended!).
- Mix the icing sugar and the cream in a bowl, and beat for several minutes until the cream is firm, and holds its shape when you remove the beaters.
- Spread evenly over the top of the pie, and enjoy on a hot summer day 😊🥧.
Key Lime Pie from Burning Bush Nurseries is a gourmet phenotype of the superstar strain Girl Scout Cookies. Selected for its strong indica characteristics and heavy resin production, this dynamic hybrid boasts flavors of lime candy, mint, and spice that spark flavors of earth and chocolate when activated. Key Lime PieStrict Key Lime Adherents: Please look away. I haven't got time for the pain. Everyone else: Let's make Key Lime Pie!