Key Lime creme brulee. This Key Lime Creme Brulee recipe is easy to make and tastes like key lime pie with a caramelized crust. Before serving, remove from the fridge and sprinkle with a little grated key lime zest for added flavor. Key lime creme brulee is a fresh take on an old classic.
Combine the creme brulee filling with the key lime filling and chill in the refrigerator until needed. To assemble, fill the shells with the key lime filling and level the tops with a spatula. Dust the tops of the desserts with sugar and using a torch caramelize the tops. You can have Key Lime creme brulee using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Key Lime creme brulee
- You need 9 of egg yolks.
- You need 9 Tbsp of raw sugar.white sugar can be used.
- You need 3 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 of vanilla bean cut and scrapped.or 3tsp of extract.
- Prepare 1 of zest from 1 Lime.
- You need 6 tbsp of topping 6 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of key lime juice.
Try this Key Lime Creme Brulee recipe, or contribute your own. If you would like me to make anything specific please let me know! (: The fixed recipe is below so please try it out and tell me if. Recipe courtesy Shannon Jordinson, Four Seasons Hotel, Palm Beach. This Key Lime Creme Brulee recipe is easy to make and tastes like key lime pie with a caramelized crust.
Key Lime creme brulee instructions
- Whisk together eggs sugar vanilla bean scrapping and 2 tsp of lime zest. 3 Tbsp of key lime juice.
- Heat 3cups heavy cream over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Strain into the egg mixture whisking constantly.
- Fill your ramekins. Sprinkle remaining zest on top.
- Bake at 325°for 45 minutes. Using a water bath about 1/2 way up the ramekins.
- Cool and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Now take 1 tsp of sugar on top and torch your sugar or use the broiler to crisp the sugar your done serves 6.
Make this key lime dessert for a dinner party! Makes four, ½ cup servings, Easy to make. Dean Jacob's Crème Brulée Mix is available in ► Original ► Chocolate ► Key Lime ► Pumpkin and ► All Natural with Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean. Creme brulee is much easier than most people realize. Erez was next to me in the kitchen the whole time I was making it, and later kept saying to the guests how easy peasy it was (of course it is when you just watch someone else do it 😉 ).