Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. The frosting also showcases coconut oil with some lime juice. If you prefer, toast the coconut for the garnish on these cupcakes. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the cream cheese and coconut oil.
Yes, you'll want to use coconut milk instead of coconut cream. Just be sure to mix it very well before adding it. Chocolate Cake with Almond-Cream Cheese Filling and Berries. You can cook Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare 1 box of your favorite white or yellow cake mix.
- It’s 1 (15 oz.) of can coconut milk (well shaken to incorporate the cream with the liquid).
- Prepare 2-3 of eggs (depending on what your box mix calls for).
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of zest of 1 lime (remember to zest before juicing! ;)).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- It’s of another lime for zesting atop cupcakes.
- Prepare of Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
Spread the top of each cupcake generously with the frosting, mounding it in the center. Sprinkle the tops with the pecans and coconut. Thick, luscious whipped coconut buttercream frosting. Perfect on top of cakes, cupcakes Coconut Buttercream Frosting.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Make your cupcakes according to box instructions REPLACING the water with an amount of coconut milk equal to the amount of water indicated on the box PLUS an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk. Don't forget to add the zest of 1 lime and 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice to the batter as well..
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Copy and paste this in your URL bar to get that recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes as usual and then take a microplane or very fine grater and top the cupcakes with just a little bit of fresh lime zest. Frosted cake should be refrigerated until no less than 30 minutes before serving..
- Enjoy! :).
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. There's nothing better than this recipe for homemade Coconut Buttercream Frosting. The cupcakes are filled with coconut milk and sweetened coconut as well as some lemon extract – and it's pretty much a match made in heaven. While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting.