Key lime pie : ) : ). Key lime pie is an American dessert pie made of Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust. The traditional Conch version uses the egg whites to make a meringue topping. The dish is named after the small Key limes (Citrus aurantifolia 'Swingle'.
This easy recipe features a graham cracker crust and a creamy filling that mixes together in just a couple of minutes. Recipe courtesy of Joe's Stone Crab. For the topping: Whip the cream and the confectioners' sugar until nearly stiff. You can cook Key lime pie : ) : ) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Key lime pie : ) : )
- Prepare of For the filling.
- You need 1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 4 of egg yolks (not the whites).
- You need of For the crust:.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of graham crackers.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white sugar.
Cut the pie into wedges and serve very cold, topping each. The Best Key Lime Pie recipe EVER! This Classic Key Lime Pie features an easy homemade graham cracker crust, a smooth and creamy key lime pie filling, and homemade whipped cream on top. Key lime pie will forever be one of my favorite desserts.
Key lime pie : ) : ) instructions
- For the filling use an electronic mixer and add sweetened condensed milk, both juices, and the egg YOLKS..
- Whizz until mixed.
- For the crust use a food processor and add in all of the ingredients. Mix until fully crushed..
- Pack the crust into a small pie pan.
- Cook the crust for 10 minutes or until golden brown..
- Pour the filling into the baked crusts and cook for 15 minutes..
- After cooling off, put the pies in the fridge for at least 8 hours..
This controversial southern specialty has been winning over my tastebuds for years. Between the buttery and crunchy crust, tangy custard filling, and. Key Lime Pie is one of my husband's favorite pies. For years, I professed that I didn't particularly care for it. This Easy Key Lime Pie with a simple graham cracker crust is a dessert favorite!