Lime Tilapia. I have so much fun serving this Mexican-inspired tilapia at summer parties. Finish it off with a side of rice and a salad loaded with sliced avocadoes and tomatoes. Much easier than cooking for a family of five!
This white fish is rubbed with an aromatic mixture of both lime zest and juice, ground cumin, and olive oil before it's quickly baked. This tilapia dish can be eaten as an entree over rice alongside fresh grilled vegetables or sliced and served in tacos. The combination of lime and basil really adds flavor to the tilapia. You can cook Lime Tilapia using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lime Tilapia
- Prepare of topping.
- You need 1 tbsp of light mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice (about 1/2 lime).
- It’s 1/2 of lime, zested.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 4 of tilapia filets.
- Prepare 1 can of cooking spray.
Cilantro Lime Tilapia GF, Low Fat, High Protein + Super Simple. This recipe is from Good and Cheap. If you can find a good deal on Tilapia, or any white fish fillets, please, please try this. How to make Poblano Lime Tilapia – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients.
Lime Tilapia step by step
- Preheat oven to 435°F.
- Coat cooking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine topping ingredients and mix in bowl.
- Place dry tilapia filets on cooking sheet.
- Spread mixture over the dry tilapia filets to ensure topping adherence.
- Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over filets.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes (or until the tilapia flakes apart when touched).
- Serve with lime wedges, brown rice, and oven roasted asparagus https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/457167-oven-roasted-asparagus.
It's mild, so spice rub really stands out but isn't overwhelming. Resolved to start eating more good-for-you fish? Mix together the lime zest, ginger, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of each tilapia filet. Heat olive oil in a pan.