Creamy Lime N Cilantro Dressing.
You can have Creamy Lime N Cilantro Dressing using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Lime N Cilantro Dressing
- You need 1 cup of mayo.
- Prepare 1 cup of greek yogurt (i used plain but u can play with different flavours).
- It’s 4 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 of medium lime, juice freshly squeezed.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of fresh cilantro chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of (small-medium) garlic minced.
- You need 1 tsp of salad spice* (if you don't have this see direction 5).
Creamy Lime N Cilantro Dressing step by step
- Whisk honey, red wine vinegar and lime juice together in a small bowl (altogether makes about 1/2 cup of mixture).
- In a separate container mix the mayo and Greek yogurt, add the lime mixture and fold in until well blended, fold in cilantro, spices and garlic, refrigerate.
- Variations: different yogurts, cream cheeses, various fresh herbs ( ex rosemary or basil or both! Parsley etc…), sundried tomatoes, green olives, kalamata olives, bacon bits, green onions, different juices (orange, strawberry, lemon) etc etc..
- Serve with any type of salad, so far I've made this recipe for a tomato and yellow pepper chopped salad and for a creamy macaroni salad, they both turned out addictive! This recipe makes ~ 2.5 cups of dressing, use ~1.5 tbsp/serving. Can be kept well in fridge for several days in a sealed container..
- If you don't have *salad spice* or it's not sold as a mix in ur area u can make a blend of a mix of spices which u probably have on hand: parsley chervil basil and/or marjoram, dehydrated onion, garlic powder or salt, some brands have sundried tomato or coriander too… Make a part per part mix of these then use a tsp of ur mix as salad spice..