Coconut Cake Roll with Key Lime Cream Filling. I was originally planning to do angel food cupcakes filled with curd and topped with cream, then the cake roll idea came The key lime curd was adapted from my lime curd recipe, and makes enough for this cake plus some extra for whatever else you may want to use it with. Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes are full of fresh coconut & key lime flavor! Coconut cakes are filled with coconut cream filling & topped with key lime frosting!
If you can't find fresh Key limes or bottled Key lime juice, use standard limes. Pipe top with whipped cream or add crushed graham crackers to the side of the cake if desired. This Key Lime Coconut Cake is derived from the same basic recipe, with a few fun twists. You can have Coconut Cake Roll with Key Lime Cream Filling using 30 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Cake Roll with Key Lime Cream Filling
- Prepare of CAKE.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 of large egg yolks, at room temperature.
- It’s 6 of large egg whites , at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of coconut extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cream of tarter.
- It’s of confectioners sugar, for dusting.
- It’s of KEY LIME CREAM FILLING.
- It’s 1 cup of cold heavy cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of cold key lime marmalade or jam.
- It’s 3 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of drops of green food color.
- It’s 1 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare of COCONUT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ckconut extract.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- You need 4 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of green tinted shredded sweetened coconut.
- Prepare of fresh lime slices.
I know I've told you that this Key Lime Coconut Cake has a super tender crumb but, if you're like me, you In later years, the "correct" method changed to scooping up the flour with a separate scoop, filling the. Freshly squeezed lime juice can be used in place of the Key lime juice. Their tart, aromatic flavor makes you feel like you should be sitting in a comfy chair with a cocktail in hand and the salty sea breeze in your hair, doesn't it? We love the zesty flavors of a classic Key lime pie, but our cake brings you that perfect pucker with much less effort.
Coconut Cake Roll with Key Lime Cream Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 11 by 17 inch jelly fill pan with non stick spray. Line pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk flour, 1cup of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk egg yolks, canola oil, coconut milk and coconut extract.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy add remaining 1/2 cup sugar slowly while beating and beat just until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into yolk mixture in 3 additions.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden and toothpick comes out just clean.
- Remove from oven, cool on rack for about 10 minutes. Run a knife around all edges and invert cake on a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Roll cake up with towel and cool completely on rack.
- MAKE KEY LIME FILLING.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form, add key lime marmalade, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and green food color drops if hog want a green tint.
- FILL CAKE, Unroll.cake, spread with key lime filling, sprinkle evenly with the 1 cup of coconut, roll back up and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while making frosting.
- MAKE COCONUT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING, in a large bowl beat butter until creamy add sugar,coconut milk, vanilla and coconut extract. Beat until light and fluffy..
- COLOR COCONUT, Add 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl add a drop or 2 of green food coloring. Add 1 cup sweetened coconut mix,to color all shreds, dry on a plate about 1 hour.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Frost cake with the coconut buttercream frosting. Cover with the 4 cups coconut, then sprinkles with green coconut. Add lime slices.
This stunning cake is made of tender coconut cake layers, lime curd filling, and a coconut-lime buttercream. Birthday cakes are my favorite thing to I baked this coconut lime cake to celebrate my husband's birthday this past weekend, and it was perfect. A version of this cake has been on my site. This key lime cake is the ultimate summer party cake. Top with a generous amount of cream.